Quick Introduction to CyberTracker Classic
This CyberTracker Classic tutorial is for using a USB cable for Android devices.
For iOS devices you need an Internet connection to use the Publish feature to install CyberTracker Classic onto your mobile device. You can also use the Publish feature to install CyberTracker onto your Android mobile device without using a USB cable.
For a quick introduction to how CyberTracker Classic works,
(1) Install the CyberTracker Classic desktop software on your Windows PC
(2) Download CyberTracker mobile
(3) Download the CyberTracker Classic Photo Notes (GeoTagger) Application onto your Windows desktop PC
Download Application: CyberTracker Photo Notes (GeoTagger) (CTX)
- Open the CyberTracker-Photo-Notes.zip folder.
- Double-Click on the CyberTracker-Photo-Notes. CTX file to open with CyberTracker on your desktop PC.
- To save your database, select File, Save Database As… and type in the File name and Save.
- Connect your Android smartphone offline to your PC with a USB cable. Or use the Publish feature.
- To install the Photo Notes offline onto your Android smartphone, select “Applications”, then the “Install to Mobile Device” button.
- Follow the instructions.
You are now ready to collect some basic data with CyberTracker Classic Photo Notes
- Select the Forward button at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- First enter your name under Your Name. Tap the screen to bring up the keyboard.
- Select Ok when finished for a Windows Mobile device or the Enter-Arrow-that-Loops-Back at the bottom right corner of an Android Smart Phone.
- Go Forward to the next screen.
- Tap the screen to Capture and Save a Photo.
- Go Forward to the next screen to type in a Field Note. Tap the screen to bring up the Keyboard.
- You can also record a voice note by selecting the red dot to record sound. Select the little square to stop recording.
- Select the Save button (the Arrow pointing down into a box) to capture your GPS location and Save your data.
- Select the GPS button (the Triangle at the bottom left) to view the GPS signal strength.
When you have collected your data, you need to transfer your data from your handheld device to your desktop PC
- To upload your data offline onto your desktop PC, connect your Android smartphone to your PC with a USB cable. For Android devices, you need to select Reports, Download Data or File, Download data from connected device (F7) on your PC to upload your data.
- Or you can use the Publish feature to upload your data via the Internet.
- Once the data has been transferred, you can view your data under Reports (View/Reports).
- Your data will be displayed as a Query Editor Table View, a Map View and a Photo View.
- To view the map your PC needs to be connected to the Internet.
- Use the zoom and pan to find your location on the world map.
It’s that simple!