Hardware to Run CyberTracker
The CyberTracker desktop software runs on all versions of Microsoft Windows.
Data can be captured using CyberTracker application on an Android Smartphone.
The CyberTracker mobile is available for download from Google Play. For Android mobile units you can transfer the CyberTracker application and data offline with a USB cable connection to your pc.
For Field Data Collection, we recommend:
SD cards to make back-up of data in the field
PowerBank battery pack to recharge your smartphone battery in the field
When you have chosen your hardware devices, go to the Free Download page to
Download and Install CyberTracker desktop software onto your Windows Desktop PC
For a quick introduction to how CyberTracker works,
Download the CyberTracker Photo Notes (GeoTagger) Application onto your Windows desktop PC
- Open the CyberTracker-Photo-Notes.zip folder.
- Double-Click on the CyberTracker-Photo-Notes.CTX file to open with CyberTracker on your desktop PC.
- To save your database, select File, Save Database As... and type in the File name and Save.
- Connect your Android smartphone offline to your PC with a USB cable.
- To install the Photo Notes offline onto your Android smartphone, select "Applications", then the "Install to Mobile Device" button.
- Follow the instructions.
You are now ready to collect some basic data with CyberTracker Photo Notes
- Select the Forward button at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- First enter your name under Your Name. Tap the screen to bring up the keyboard.
- Select Ok when finished for a Windows Mobile device or the Enter-Arrow-that-Loops-Back at the bottom right corner of an Android Smart Phone.
- Go Forward to the next screen.
- Tap the screen to Capture and Save a Photo.
- Go Forward to the next screen to type in a Field Note. Tap the screen to bring up the Keyboard.
- You can also record a voice note by selecting the red dot to record sound. Select the little square to stop recording.
- Select the Save button (the Arrow pointing down into a box) to capture your GPS location and Save your data.
- Select the GPS button (the Triangle at the bottom left) to view the GPS signal strength.
When you have collected your data, you need to transfer your data from your handheld device to your desktop PC
- To upload your data offline onto your desktop PC, connect your Android smartphone to your PC with a USB cable. For Android devices, you need to select Reports, Download Data or File, Download data from connected device (F7) on your PC to upload your data.
- Once the data has been transferred, you can view your data under Reports (View/Reports).
- Your data will be displayed as a Query Editor Table View, a Map View and a Photo View.
- To view the map your PC needs to be connected to the Internet.
- Use the zoom and pan to find your location on the world map.
It's that simple!