Go to the Free Download page to
Download and Install CyberTracker Software onto your Windows Desktop PC (desktop computer).
If you are using a Windows Mobile handheld device you also need to install the Windows Mobile and ActiveSync software that comes with the Smart Phone or PocketPC.
For a quick introduction to how CyberTracker works,
Download the CyberTracker Photo Notes (GeoTagger) Application onto your Windows desktop PC.
- Open the CyberTracker-Photo-Notes.zip folder.
- Double-Click on the CyberTracker-Photo-Notes.CTX file to open with CyberTracker on your desktop PC.
- To save your database, select File, Save Database As... and type in the File name and Save.
- Connect your Smart Phone or PDA handheld unit to your PC.
- To install the Photo Notes onto your Smart Phone or PDA, select "Applications", then the "Install to Mobile Device" button.
- Follow the instructions.
- Note that you need to select the "Install to Mobile Device" button twice. The first time to install the CyberTracker Client software and the second time to install the CyberTracker Application.
You are now ready to collect some basic data with CyberTracker Photo Notes.
- Select the Forward button at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- First enter your name under Your Name. Tap the screen to bring up the keyboard.
- Select Ok when finished for a Windows Mobile device or the Enter-Arrow-that-Loops-Back at the bottom right corner of an Android Smart Phone.
- Go Forward to the next screen.
- Tap the screen to Capture and Save a Photo.
- Go Forward to the next screen to type in a Field Note. Tap the screen to bring up the Keyboard.
- You can also record a voice note by selecting the red dot to record sound. Select the little square to stop recording.
- Select the Save button (the Arrow pointing down into a box) to capture your GPS location and Save your data.
- Select the GPS button (the Triangle at the bottom left) to view the GPS signal strength.
When you have collected your data, you need to transfer your data from your handheld device to your desktop PC.
- To upload your data onto your desktop PC, connect your handheld to your PC. For Windows Mobile devices, the data will upload automatically. For Android devices, you need to select File, Get data from connected device (F7) on your PC to upload your data.
- Once the data has been transferred, you can view your data under Reports (View/Reports).
- Your data will be displayed as a Query Editor Table View, a Map View and a Photo View.
- To view the map your PC needs to be connected to the Internet.
- Use the zoom and pan to find your location on the world map.